Share and Enjoy
These would include:
* Influencing policy makers and practitioners to take greater account of the rights of children
* Providing a voice for children and a channel of communication between children and government
* Ensuring that children have effective means of redress when their rights are violated
* Monitoring the government’s compliance with the CRC (article 4), including monitoring the government’s reporting obligations, and producing a supplementary report to the official State party report
* Raising awareness of child rights among children and adults by p roducing and disseminating information about children’s rights and the UNCRC, training professionals working with children, working with the media to increase awareness, etc.
In their work, Ombudspersons should ensure that:
* Their work is directly informed by the views of children;
* The views of the children are reflected in proposals, reports, responses, research and strategies;
* Structures are established through which children’s views can be directly and effectively represented.